Friday, November 19, 2010

What's the best way to repair and paint a wooden coffee table that is badly scratched?

I found a coffee table at an antique store that is solid wood and has gorgeous carved legs, but is badly scratched on the surface. I'd like to paint a mural on it, but I'm not sure how I should prep the table. Do I need to sand it all down and prime it first? Is it okay to use the same kind of primer as what you'd put on the walls? I'm also repainting my room so I have heaps of that primer around.



Thank you!What's the best way to repair and paint a wooden coffee table that is badly scratched?
take sand paper and sand it down. don.t worry about the scratchedon the table. when you sand alot will comne out then and the rest you don,t care about because yoyu painting it with 3 coats of paint ,and they wouldn,t show upWhat's the best way to repair and paint a wooden coffee table that is badly scratched?
Some sanding and filling to take care of the scratches and then prime with a specialty primer.



Bulls Eye Zero鈩?Primer
sand it down, and fill any scratches, continue sanding down through the grits to 240/280 grade.

Use a wood primer in light coats until you are satisfied with the surface, give a light rub with 320 grit make sure ALL dust is removed (tack cloth) and get to the enjoyable stage of your mural.



Think about the join between the top and the edge, if there is a moulding it might be better to mask it off and have the mural on the flat surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment