Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I remove the laminate top from my wooden table?

The table underneath the laminate is solid wood, but the laminate looks like crap! I want to remove the laminate and then stain the wood underneath. What is the best way to remove this laminate?How do I remove the laminate top from my wooden table?
The wood underneath may be wood, but do you know if it is stain grade? It might not be what you think. And I suspect there is a good chance that it is not something worth refinishing. (Were it good wood, it wouldn't have been laminated in the first place.) Not that it matters much -- you will have an impossible time getting the laminate off.



It might be time to buy a new table.How do I remove the laminate top from my wooden table?
I'm sorry to say, according to Murphy's law, laminate only comes off when you don't want it to. If you want it to, it won't come off with a chain saw.
  • 1 web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment