Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I get permenant marker off a coffee table?

My sister's daughter just took a Sharpie and wrote all over an oak table--does anyone know how to get it off?How do I get permenant marker off a coffee table?
u can use rubbing alcohol to wipe it off, but if you are concerned about the finish, this could be a problem. Try using a ';wet-wipe'; first, ya know the type you use for cleaning your hands off.How do I get permenant marker off a coffee table?
You might want to try rubbing alcoho on it.It has worked for me.Although it might depend on the material of the table, my table is hasel wood.
There is a product called ';Goof off'; it's made for removing dried paint from surfaces. I found that it works with permanent marker also. However, before you use it, test it on a part of the table that nobody will see to make sure it won't take off the finish.



Now for the bad news, depending on the finish used on the table, the ink from the Sharpie may have penetrated the finish itself, it that case, the only answer is to have it stripped and refinished.
goto www.colorproleather.com they have ink remover for leather furniture it also works well on wood and will not harm the finish all the pros go here to get it for repairs they do in homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment