Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I remove super glue from a laquer table top without detstroying the finish?

I have super glue dried on my lacquer table,I tried a blade ,but it made the glue rough, I want to use accetone,but I am afraid it will destroy the finish,ANY IDEAS ?How do I remove super glue from a laquer table top without detstroying the finish?
Yes, accetone would damage it very much. You want to try something like a soldering iron with a tip so it is very precise but do not leave it to any certain spots very long because it gets really hot. Thats what I did one time, it didn't hurt the table and it got the super glue up.How do I remove super glue from a laquer table top without detstroying the finish?
The super glue has ALREADY damaged the finish. The blade probably did as well. Go ahead and use the acetone. Then STRIP and replace the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment