Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I keep my cat off of the kitchen table?

I've caught her a couple of times and I fuss at her but to no avail. I've also cleaned many hairballs off of my table. Is there some way to get her to stay off? She has places to lay including a pillow on a chair.How do I keep my cat off of the kitchen table?
It's a bit of a hassle, but I've used empty soda cans with all my cats and they've gotten the message quickly. Just set a line up a few inches from the edge where the cat can't really see them, but they'll definitely hit them when they decide to jump.

It scares the crap right out of them to the point I haven't had a cat try more than twice.How do I keep my cat off of the kitchen table?
we got a spray water bottle, if we see him on the table he gets a little squirt :) after a while he get's it!
Use a spray bottle to keep her off the table. It may take a long time but eventually she should get the message.
My cat does the same thing so we got a spray bottle for a week now and he is getting better at it. just spray once and if your cat stays and not run away then spray again but try once my cat goes crazy
push her off of it, that wont hurt her and when she stopps getting on it give her treats, CATS DO LAND ON THEIR FEET!!
try tin foil... like at night cover ur table with it...my cousin does this at her house and it works with her cat!
my cat goes on the table because she smells stuff on it like food. and cats like to lay on hard surfaces that are cool. my cat is always sleeping on the kitchen tiled floor instead of his soft bed!!! but i have a trick instead of spraying her while on the table. spray her anytime u see her. then leave that spraying bottle on the table , so when she is bout to jump, shell look at the bottle and run away because she think it will spray her. trust me this works. i tried i!
The only thing i can think of is when you see her on the table run towards her while yelling get down and maybe even clap your hands loudly. It is hard to keep a cat off the table especially when you said you don't always catch her on it, but that is what i do when i see my cat on the table.
A sharp clap of the hands.Cats do not like loud noises.
if possible, spray bottle would work best. if you catch her on your table, bop her nose(it trains them not to d stuff) and scream and scare them and chase them(it sounds stupid, but it does work very effectively. kitty will forgive you). reward your cat when she rests other places then your table. if all else fails, go to a big name pet store and buy this special spray that keeps cats away. its like the opposite of catnip.
There's really no way to keep her off the table if you can't catch her, unless you get a bottle of some smelly substance (they sell cat-repellent) and spray it all over the table. If you can catch her, bang a paint stick or ruler on the table and get her off. They hate loud noises.
Try putting bubble wrap on the table she will slip and wont be able to get on no more and dont worry you wont have to keep it on forever once she keeps trying multiple times she will get tired and will give up

No comments:

Post a Comment