Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I get smudges off my wooden table?

I have a beautiful dining room table that belonged to my grandfather and my little dog likes to sit on it when we leave the house so she can look out the window we have tried to stop her but it's no use. Now there are little paw prints and smudges all over the table. So much that we have to put a table cloth over it. How can I get those off? I have tried pledge and orange glo but nothing works!! please help!How do I get smudges off my wooden table?
Sounds like you may have polish build up....=)



To remove polish build-up, mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Rub furniture with a soft cloth that has been moistened with the solution. Dry immediately with a clean cloth.How do I get smudges off my wooden table?
Try this...I have also used it to get those white circles out after setting a hot coffee cup down on table.



Take a soft cloth ( not wash cloth ) place few drops of regular rubbing alcohol on it. Pat it to make sure it's not too wet...then lightly buff over the spot like you would do if you were buffing shoes. The spot should slowly vanish. You may need to use furniture polish after that to restore the shine. If it's not suppose to be shiny...take some very fine steel wool. Put some polish on it....lightly rub back and forth across the whole table ( going with the grain ) to put that satin sheen back on the top. You may have to do the entire table top to make it look uniform.
Try this product traditional beeswax made in england cfc free

has a shine finishing%26amp; smells good

No comments:

Post a Comment