Friday, October 22, 2010

How can I rebuild my kitchen table into a drop leaf table?

My kitchen table is Round and on a pedestal. I would like to know how I can go about to rebuild it to become a drop leaf table and what parts I would need. My apartment is small very small.How can I rebuild my kitchen table into a drop leaf table?


I would not recommend that you do that. It requires special hinges and the top has to be cut and a special edge put on the cut edges with a router. No doubt also that the pedestal would get in the way and require modification. Just more hassle than it is worth. Look to buy one already made instead of trying to change a pedestal table.How can I rebuild my kitchen table into a drop leaf table?
Can't advise even trying this without a serious wood working shop...look around for a gateleg table, perhaps keep your eye out at garage sales...it is far easier to refinish a used table than to hack into your table...trust me on that one! Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment