Friday, October 22, 2010

How do I clean my breakfast table?

Just recently I purchased a dark wood high ';bar table'; for a dining room table in a small apt. However, when I clean it with pledge and put the placemats on top the placemats seem to turn the table a lighter color. I think they are soaking in the pledge so I've tried to keep them off for a few hours to let the pledge set but it still happens. Does anyone know of any cleaners that will just ';clean'; dark wood not ';polish'; it?How do I clean my breakfast table?
I use 1 teaspoon of olive oil mixed in 1/2 cup vinegar. It work very well on my pine furniture.How do I clean my breakfast table?
A damp cloth.
Wood will turn dark when exposed to light, particularly sunlight, even when it's finished. It has nothing to do with what you're using to clean it.



I recently had hardwood floors installed and finished. I had stored a cabinet in a studio for 6 months while our house was being remodeled and part of it got exposed to sunlight every day. The part that got exposed was darker than the rest of the cabinet. I asked the floor guy about this and he said that I just had to leave the whole cabinet in a place where it got the same light, and it would eventually all become the same color again. Sure enough, it did after a couple of weeks.
beeswax and orange oil by Howards. find it at home depot and other places like that.



you might want to make some liners for your place mats. get some light weight felt and cut just smaller than your place mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment