Sunday, December 11, 2011

I wanna build a table using bottle caps but how would I be able to seal the top?

I wanna build a beer pong table using bottle caps but i have no idea how to seal the caps in, some people have recommended laquer, some plexi glass. I have no idea what to do, please provide feedback!I wanna build a table using bottle caps but how would I be able to seal the top?
Look for a clear epoxy, either a two part epoxy resin, or a self-leveling epoxy as might be used in flooring.I wanna build a table using bottle caps but how would I be able to seal the top?
Some epoxy and other glue products will dry cloudy when used or poured thick. Since the bottle caps have depth, I suggest that you find a store that specializes in stained glass and ask them what they use to seal/level mosaic table tops. If you can't find one local look up the big distributers on the internet and call the 800 number. There is no point in you spending that much time putting the table together only to ruin it with guessing on the last step.
Go to a craft store (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc.) and check out the DecoPodge aisle. After you press all your bottle caps into your surface material, you can pour on the DecoPodge and have a nice smooth surface.
If it was me. I would look at the caps as being tile. There is adhesive that you can use. The best thing is that there is all kinds of grout that you can use to make it look great. Put a Miller Lite cap in for me. Good luck
My friend made something like that. He built a frame around the entire top and poured it full with clear lacquer. It looks great. Just, if you try this, make sure that it sits completely level.
go look for a couloured glass with all deisgns or u decorate those bootlle caps and then put a simple transparent glass over it
Try a putty or epoxy. Really easy to use seen it done on a TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment